Staying in Greater Montréal as a Temporary Worker

Whether you’re ready to begin the process of immigrating or not, you can apply for a post-graduation work permit once you have completed your studies and you have your diploma. You are required to apply for this permit in the 180 days following the reception of a document given to you by your educational establishment (a transcript or official letter, for example) confirming that you met the requirements for your program of study.

The temporary worker status does however have some restrictions. As the name suggests, a temporary permit has an expiry date. But, this status may be a first step for you if you are thinking about immigrating permanently.

Newsletter Close

Be a part of the community

Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to take advantage of our offers and events.