Where to Find Job Offers in Greater Montréal?
Are you wondering where you can find job offers if you decide to come study in Greater Montréal? Or did you graduate recently in Greater Montréal? Or maybe you’re still in school and looking for a seasonal job? Here are some helpful resources to help you find your first work experience or the position of your dreams in Greater Montréal!
There are a plethora of job search sites to choose from: Workopolis, Monster, Jobs.ca, and Jobboom are job search mainstays as they have thousands of job offers in a variety of industries and informative pages on the subject of career management.
Other sites worth visiting:
- Neuvoo.ca, Indeed and SimplyHired: these job aggregators automatically gather offers that were published online.
- Neos and Jobillico (in French only): these sites allow you to consult the profile of the company that is looking to hire before applying. You can kill two birds with one stone!
- Workland: the algorithm at the heart of this platform automatically matches offers and candidates.
Your Educational Institution
The majority of educational institutions offer their students and young graduates employment assistance services. Why not give it a try? Here are some examples:
- McGill University’s Career Planning Services
- Services en emploi et orientation from l’UQAM (in French only)
- Aide à la recherche d’emploi from l’Université de Montréal (in French only)
- Concordia University’s Career and Planning Services
92 % of recruiters use social networks to evaluate applications. That’s why it’s important to be active online, especially on LinkedIn. A professional-looking photo, an up-to-date profile and an inviting biography will get you further than you may think.
A significant proportion of jobs will be filled without an offer ever being published, hence the importance of developing your network of contacts. Get involved in professional associations or participate in networking events (in French only) to get to know other people and to get yourself out there.
In Québec, most people don’t include their age or civil status on their CV. And no picture either!
Be a part of the community
Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to take advantage of our offers and events.