Pre-university and vocational programs in Montreal
Want to study in Montréal, Canada? Consider CEGEPs. These pre-university colleges represent an excellent first step on your path to study at a university or enter the workforce.
Join us for an information session on pre-university and vocational programs that are open to international students.
When: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. (Montréal time). Click here to find the corresponding time at your location.
Where: Online. Register today to receive the link to the event.
This free webinar is organized by Montréal International’s I choose Montréal team in partnership with the CEGEPs of Greater Montréal.
The event will give you a chance to:
- Learn about the types of programs offered by CEGEPs, what are the admissions criteria, and how you can apply.
- See what it’s like to be a student in Greater Montréal (e.g., living and working in the city, finding a place to stay…).
- Find out which immigration documents you need to study in Québec.
- Hear the story of an international student who chose to attend a CEGEP in Montréal.
Want to start exploring CEGEP programs? Use our Study Connect app to find out which CEGEPs are right for you and get in touch with them.
What are CEGEPs?
In Québec, it’s not just maple syrup that’s unique. We also have public institutions called CEGEPs, short for Collège d’enseignement général et professionnel. These general and vocational colleges are the first level of higher education in the province. With their two parallel tracks and specialized programs, CEGEPs prepare students to either continue on to a university or enter the job market.
Top 7 reasons to study in Montréal
- A unique student experience: Montréal was named Best Student City in North America (QS, 2019)
- High-quality education
- Low cost of living
- A vibrant, cosmopolitan city with a rich cultural scene and safe neighbourhoods
- Employment opportunities for students and graduates
- A robust job market
- Fast-growing high-tech sectors