Choosing Montréal for its vocational training
Student recruitment in Lyon
Would you like to learn a trade that offers excellent job opportunities? Do you dream of Québec?
Both Québec métiers d’avenir, the official representative of Québec’s vocational training centres, and Montréal international via its initiative “I choose Montréal” initiative, are looking for French candidates who wish to pursue vocational training courses (“Bac pro”) that are now in high demand among employers in the Greater Montréal region.
- When? Tuesday 4 and Wednesday 5, February 2020
- Where? Lyon Centre – The exact location will be communicated to the selected candidates
Six training courses in various fields are available
Learn more about the different training courses available (in French only):
- Automated systems electromechanics
- Health, assistance and nursing care
- Computer support
Are you interested?
Here’s how to register:
- Fill in the application form before Sunday, January 19, 2020.
- If your application is selected, Québec métiers d’avenir will contact you to offer you an in-person interview in Lyon, on February 4 or 5, 2020.
- During this interview, you will be able to obtain information on:
– The student experience in Montréal: housing, quality of life, cost of living, settling in;
– The training centres;
– Immigration procedures for studying;
– Employment prospects during and after your studies: we can provide you with a list of employers likely to hire international students during and after their studies.
- If your application is retained following the interview, Québec métiers d’avenir will support you throughout the admission and immigration processes.
Why choose to study and work in Montréal?
- Free vocational training for French people
- High-level educational institutions
- Possibility of working up to 20 hours a week while studying, and full-time during holidays
- Possibility of obtaining a post-graduation work permit
- A buoyant labour market
- A dynamic, cosmopolitan city
- A secure environment