User Interface (UI) Design Intern
At Nuance, for 25 years, we have been empowering people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Join our Enterprise team in Montréal…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Nuance welcomes about 150 interns each year and the Montreal Internship Program is a strategic part of our development! Our internships offer students and exciting path to contribute to cutting edge technology and innovative products and make a true business impact. As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network & work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!
The User Interface Team at Nuance is responsible for designing software that allows people to easily interact with machines using their voice. We craft the experiences people have when speaking with smartphones, laptops, and phone menus. Our responsibilities include understanding the needs of users, designing around those needs, and testing the usability of our designs once the software is built. The backgrounds of our team are diverse, spanning linguistics, engineering, sound design, graphic design, and creative writing.
As an Intern, you will help the designers create speech-enabled user experiences. You will contribute as we meet with customers, gather requirements for projects, design speech interfaces, and run research with end users. In addition, you may also help us conduct quantitative research that allows us to refine our best design practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- UI Design.
- Run tutorials.
- Presentation to local designers and potentially customers.
- Data analysis.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for security.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor, Master or PhD in Linguistics, Psychology, Graphic Design, Experience Design or Visual Design.
- Experience in Graphic Design or Visual Design.
- You are eligible to work full time (40h/week).
Why should you apply?
- Chance to work on innovative projects around topics such as speech recognition, AI and Machine Learning.
- Train and learn with the best in their specialist fields!
- Work with international teams to go beyond the limits of innovation.
- Ideal working environment, in the heart of downtown’s Montréal, one of the best student cities in the world.
- And also…Good work life balance, flexible hours, free drinks, office right off the metro, Award-winning Top Employer…
Working on what kinds of projects?
- Design, build and upgrade of speech applications for organizations such as banking and utility systems.
- Improve existing voice biometric tools (“my voice is my password”) using Python and write scripts so that the tools work together.
- Work on modification of a SOAP API to provide new features to a client.
- Creation of a tool in Jenkins to automatically install Kubernetes and helm in multiple virtual machines.
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until December 17, 2019