Software Developer Intern
At Nuance, for 25 years, we have been empowering people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Join our Enterprise team in Montréal…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Nuance welcomes about 150 interns each year and the Montreal Internship Program is a strategic part of our development! Our internships offer students and exciting path to contribute to cutting edge technology and innovative products and make a true business impact. As a key member of our team, you will expand your technical skills exponentially, grow your professional network & work alongside some of the best and brightest in the world!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute into the design, development and evolution of the system
- Design, document, implement and unit test of the server components
- Ensure products meet all relevant specifications and quality standards
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for security.
- You are currently enrolled in a fulltime degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Java / Object Oriented Programming (projects or previous internships)
- Knowledge of Scripting languages such as Perl or Python
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows platforms
- Strong software or system troubleshooting capability
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- You are eligible to work full time (40h/week)
Why should you apply?
- Chance to work on innovative projects around topics such as speech recognition, AI and Machine Learning.
- Train and learn with the best in their specialist fields!
- Work with international teams to go beyond the limits of innovation.
- Ideal working environment, in the heart of downtown’s Montréal, one of the best student cities in the world.
- And also…Good work life balance, flexible hours, free drinks, office right off the metro, Award-winning Top Employer…
Working on what kinds of projects?
- Design, build and upgrade of speech applications for organizations such as banking and utility systems.
- Improve existing voice biometric tools (“my voice is my password”) using Python and write scripts so that the tools work together.
- Work on modification of a SOAP API to provide new features to a client.
- Creation of a tool in Jenkins to automatically install Kubernetes and helm in multiple virtual machines.
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until December 17, 2019