At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
This Developer position is opened within the Core Technology Engine group, which is responsible for the development and maintenance of AI engines within Nuance. The person will be part of an energetic team developing a cutting-edge multi-platform Dialog engine that runs behind our Virtual Assistant-oriented applications. The candidate will help develop new algorithms and APIs, optimize code for speed and memory, and fix bugs. The candidate will interact with clients in Research and Development.
- Support our research process by designing and developing new features in the Dialog engine.
- Support internal customers of our Virtual Assistant eco-system by fixing bugs and answering questions.
- Contribute to the development of a Graphical Use Interface (GUI) designed to showcase our Virtual Assistant features.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 0-2
Minimally, a Bachelor of computer science or equivalent qualification is required.
- Strong coding skills: Java, C/C++
- Strong experience in software design and architecture.
- Excellent algorithmic and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Strong communication skills: English is mandatory, other languages are a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills: Will need to be able to help diagnose issues and provide potential solutions.
- Experience in the use of code versioning tools, continuous integration tools.
- Experience in the development of Graphical Use Interface (GUI).
- Experience with Dialog Systems (dialog manager for virtual assistants).
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and/or Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience with TensorFlow or other deep learning libraries
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
2 to 4 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until December 17, 2019