SAP Data Conversion Analyst
CIC Montreal is an IBM Customer Innovation Centre, which is operated by LGS, a wholly owned subsidiary of IBM. This centre offers development and application support services to Canadian private and public organizations. Focused on innovation, CIC Montreal employs a large number of young professionals who are supervised and sponsored by more experienced employees. This centre is characterized by its ability to simultaneously offer large-scale projects, stimulating professional challenges, an environment for lifelong learning, professional sponsorship and, ultimately, opportunities for career advancement. For our clients, CIC Montreal enables them to increase their productivity, reduce their costs, improve their innovation capabilities, and accelerate their time to market.
The SAP data conversion analyst is actively involved in SAP deployment projects. Through his role, he is responsible for documenting, developing and executing data conversions from the old system to implement the new SAP system.
Main role and responsibilities
- Perform the necessary analysis for data conversion.
- Analyze, document and communicate the impact of process changes on the data being processed.
- Develop and test the appropriate tools used in the data.
- Extract data from source systems.
- Prepare the files containing the data to be cleaned.
- Send files to different internal contact points and explain the cleaning procedure.
- Write and / or follow test scenarios and execute SQL queries.
- Participate in the development of targets related to the business sectors.
- Make sure you have a global view of data conversion requirements.
- Collaborate with the client’s business and technical specialists as well as the IBM and LGS project team.
- Make sure you understand the issues and correlations between the project and project phases and the client’s business needs.
- Develop and provide leadership during conversion phases.
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience: 0 to 2 years’ experience
- Have successfully completed an SAP Certification (eg mySAP ERP Fundamentals Integrate Business Process – TERP_10) or have a good knowledge of SAP (an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (advanced level)
- Knowledge of the concepts related to the MM module (materials and inventory) as well as SD (customers and sales process) (an asset)
- Have experience in SAP data conversion (an asset)
- Have developed very good skills in interpersonal communication and user support management.
- Strong analytical, incident resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Functional Bilingualism French / English.
Name of employer
IBM Client Innovation Center
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until September 09, 2019