At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones. Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
This Research Developer position is opened within the Core Technology Engine group. The team is responsible for the development, maintenance and optimization of AI engines and deep learning infrastructure within Nuance. She/He will help develop new algorithms and APIs, improve our CI/CD processes, and fix bugs, working closely with DevOps and all other engineering teams, with a focus on NLU and Dialog. The person is also expected to work closely with Research to optimize deep learning models to become cost-effective on all target platforms (cloud and edge, inferencing and training).
- Work closely with Research to optimize deep learning models.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of our deep learning cloud native infrastructure, with a focus on speed and memory optimization.
- Develop new NLU and Dialog algorithms and APIs, improve our CI/CD processes, and fix bugs.
- Analyze, optimize and test code in a deep learning ecosystem.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Minimally, a Bachelor of computer science or equivalent qualification is required.
- Programming languages: Java and/or C++. Python.
- Knowledge with Algorithms or NLU or Dialog systems or TensorFlow is highly advantageous.
- Hands-on experience with the TensorFlow ecosystem.
- Knowledge of GPU-based / high performance computing.
- Reasonable understanding of cloud native technologies.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Ability to work with virtual teams.
- NLU and Dialog experience.
- Hands-on experience with the NVidia GPU libraries.
- Knowledge of software development for embedded platforms such as Android and iOS.
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until December 17, 2019