Reliability, Maintainability & Safety Engineer
In your role, you will:
- Prepare reliability & safety studies, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Aircraft Functional Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and System Safety Analysis to certify modifications to the Challenger aircraft systems.
- Participate in internal and external Design Reviews with Partners/Suppliers. You will be responsible for reviewing Partner’s/Supplier’s reports and ensure reliability & safety requirements are met.
- Interface with various (Design Authorized Delegate) DAD disciplines Systems Engineering, Flight Sciences as part of the Integrated Design Team.
- Interface with other internal and external customers (e.g. Airworthiness, Product Support, Marketing, Partners, and Certification Authorities).
- Be involved with the maintenance engineering group to evaluate potential changes to certified maintenance tasks in conjunction with the DAD.
- Evaluate potential modification/creation of Master Minimum Equipment List (MMEL) items with Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Prepare and present risk assessments for continued airworthiness queries.
- You have experience in applied aerospace reliability engineering for mechanical and electrical components including reliability prediction.
- You have completed various types of aircraft level assessments such as Particular risk analysis (rotor burst, tire burst) and zonal analysis.
- Experience with ARP4754 is considered an asset.
- You must be familiar with common reliability and safety processes and tools to perform the above mentioned tasks (e.g. Reliasoft, CAFTA.).
- Experience with civil aircraft and civil airworthiness regulations is mandatory (TCCA, FAA, EASA).
- Excellent comprehension and applied skills with FAR/JAR 25.1309 and all associated guidance material.
- Good writing skills and communication skills in English is essential for the position.
- You must possess the ability to work with minimum supervision and be a team player.
- You must also be a person with initiative, a strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment.
- CAFTA required
- Must be proficient with Excel
- MS Access database development would be asset
- Microsoft Office Suite
- CATIA would be an asset
- Visual basic would be an asset
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until November 30, 2019