Polish Language Localization QA Tester
Localization QA testing involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®VR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the biggest publishers in the world.
As one of our Polish Localization QA Testers, you will be the very first person to see the localized version of a game – translated text, images, localized voice-over and the rest of the user interface all together. You will get to experience the project first hand before it is consumed by the end users. You will work in a multilingual project team, ensuring that the game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localized into the target language and suitable for the target market and audience.
Candidates with previous Polish translation, proofreading, copywriting or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would be ideal for this position.
*This role is fixed-term contract role with full-time hours Monday – Friday*
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation and other Polish language errors
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to
- Writing reports of errors/bugs found and providing suggestions for improvements
- Accuracy of translation within context
- Consistency of terminology and imagery
- Hunting for missing / wrong content
- Performing ad hoc translation
What we’re looking for
- Native level fluency in Polish
- Strong cultural understanding of Poland
- Computer literacy – particularly with Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience with using different software and applications
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English
- Able to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- Functional verbal French communication capabilities
What we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest games titles in the world
- Competitive pay
- Potential for fulltime, permanent openings with growth opportunities
- Fun and Dynamic work environment
Who we are
PTW is a leading global provider of customer experience, quality assurance, localization, engineering and audio production services, to key software and technology-focused markets including games, interactive entertainment media, education, e-commerce and internet of things.
For over 20 years, we’ve delivered great results for our clients. Our main aim is to advance their businesses and enhance their customer’s’ satisfaction. We’re dedicated to helping every client develop the best products and consumer experiences possible. And because we believe in partnerships and collaboration, the journey is shared, and the successes are too.
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until March 22, 2020