Mino Games is a free-to-play mobile gaming studio that produced Cat Game, with over 30mm in marketing funding, and also the top 50 grossing mobile game Mino Monsters, with over 13 million downloads. We create deeply engaging, widely appealing games for millions of fans. Our key development studio is in Montreal, QC.
We are a small group of passionate developers and artists, our mission is to create games that millions of people all around the world love to play for years. We are funded by the best angel, institutional investors, and gaming companies from across the world. (Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Sybo Games).
Our latest game, Cat Game, launched in July and already hit the App Store’s Top Grossing Chart in Canada. The game is showing world-class key metrics, and we are expecting it to be a global hit.
At Mino Games, we believe in hiring the bests and then giving them the freedom to solve extremely challenging problems. Our core focus is to build a workplace where people who are world-class can come to feel challenged, empowered and surpass their best.
As an integral part of the programing team, you will help develop our latest mobile game. Your key responsibilities will include adding new gameplay features as specified by the design team, integrating animations and UI from the artists, write in-house support tools and improve the overall performance of the game. This includes:
- Open-source friendly, be credited for the PR!
- Architect gameplay feature from the ground-up
- Learn every day from world-class professionals
- Unlimited sick days
- Flexible work hours
- Generous vacations
- 2+ years of experience working in the gaming industry
- Shipped at least one game
- New Grad
- 3.7+ GPA in Computer science
- great side project
Skills and competencies
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Pragmatic problem-solver – someone who looks for solutions rather than worrying about problems
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Ability to measure and optimize game code
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until October 28, 2019