Continuous Improvement Engineer – Junior
Reporting to the General Manager, the improvement engineer will be responsible for promoting a culture of continuous improvement throughout the company. He / she will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan based on Lean methodologies within a dynamic and motivated team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Collaborate, as part of a continuous improvement team, in the conception and implementation of a strategic improvement plan based on the principles of “lean manufacturing”;
- Work in collaboration with the management team to identify business improvement projects based on the short- and long-term strategic plan;
- Recommend and implement measures to increase the efficiency and quality of equipment and processes
- Identify opportunities to reduce non-value added work in a cost-control manner;
- Manage continuous improvement projects throughout the company and support projects within each department;
- Analyze and plan the use and optimization of work areas, resources capacity, equipment requirements, operational flow etc. in order to ensure maximum effectiveness;
- Implement and monitor key productivity and cost metrics
- Contribute to the success of Lean events and projects
- Identify waste and improvement opportunities in a non-unionized manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, continuous improvement) ;
- Knowledge of best practices in process optimization ;
- Professional knowledge in Excel (complex Excel formulas, dynamic tables, etc.)
- Knowledge of ERP systems ;
- Knowledge of Infor Visual (an asset) ;
- Effective organizational and project leadership skills ;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills ;
- Bilingual (English and French – spoken and written).
- Proven work experience of at least 3 years in a similar position;
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing (an asset).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until November 30, 2019