Computer Science Engineer
Graduate careers rarely impact everyday life. But at Rio Tinto, your innovation will deliver the building blocks humankind relies on. Like the copper in our cars. The iron in our buildings. And the salt that seasons our meals. This is complex work that calls for natural leadership and the ability to quickly develop new skills. Work that thrives from creative thinking and demands astute environmental stewardship. Work that ultimately shapes society and drives human progress.
- Start your career and be part of our prestigious Graduate Excellence Path program
- Varied, stimulating and fascinating work
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Position starting in 2020, at the Rio Tinto Canada Management Inc. in Montreal
At Rio Tinto, you’ll have the flexibility, choice and freedom to be yourself and direct your career. Our Graduate Excellence Path gives you the perfect start: an opportunity to immediately get to grips with real work, develop your technical expertise and start a legacy that improves life for millions globally.
In fact, as well as experience in your chosen field, you can expect:
- A comprehensive training program that gives you the tools to excel and progress
- A diverse and highly inclusive team culture that encourages collaboration across geographies, commodities, disciplines and markets
- Access to industry-leading professionals who’ll nurture your talent and help to fast track your career path
- Exposure to innovative projects and technology that propel mining into the digital age
- A wide selection of digital learning materials and world-class leadership content available to boost professional growth and development
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for exceptional graduates with degrees in Computer Science or in Software Engineering who want to learn and make an impact. Ambitious personalities with the gravitas to inspire colleagues and the curiosity and analytical mind to challenge the status quo.
So if you’re on track to graduate in 2020 or have completed your studies within the last two years, we encourage you to apply.
Where you will be working
Our Montreal office is a global hub for Rio Tinto and supports operations across Canada, the United States and other parts of the world. It is the headquarters for our industry leading aluminium business and supports operations that produce a range of other materials including diamonds, copper, iron ore and industrial minerals. As well as Corporate Relations, our Montreal office includes corporate support functions such as Procurement, HR, IS&T, and Finance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Click here to watch more about our pioneering business and how we partner for human progress.
Be the progress. Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until December 17, 2019