Assistant Technical Director
As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to assist the Pipeline Technical Directors (Pipeline TDs) to ensure the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows used on our award-winning VFX and Feature Animation shows. You will be working closely with the Pipeline TDs to provide face-to-face support for artists.
Our talented ATDs are highly technical and have an appetite for innovation.
You will be regularly required to
- Provide technical advice and support for artists
- Monitor render farm, disk usage and file transfers between sites
- Contribute to testing and feedback for software releases from the R&D team
- Design and write small-scale Python tools and scripts for shows to use
As well as being able to learn quickly on the job and use your aptitude for initiative to take on technical tasks when required, you will need to be an excellent communicator – your ability to accurately and succinctly communicate problems between technical developers and non-technical artists will help you thrive in this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop your technical skills in an entry-level position and gain experience in the Visual Effects industry. You will be exposed to every step of our pipeline and will be involved in the production of exceptional VFX and animation work on projects ranging from blockbuster epics to television dramas.
This role opens up opportunities to progress through DNEG’s Pipeline group as a Pipeline TD and Pipeline Supervisor, with potential opportunities in different specialisms and departments across the company.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience with Linux
- At least 1 year of experience with Python
Nice to have
- Previous work experience in Visual Effects, Games or another related industry
- Experience with a variety of DCC packages such as Maya, Houdini, Katana, Nuke or Clarisse
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or related field
Please Note: We do not currently have openings available for the position of Assistant Technical Director (ATD), however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
Name of employer
Place of employment
Visual effects and animation
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until November 08, 2019