L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature films and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and initiative of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers.
The 3D Animator works under the supervision of the Animation Director and the Animation leads. They are responsible for characters, vehicles and props animation. The artist interprets the storyboard / animatic to create key-frame animation while respecting the technical requirements and the artistic vision of the project.
We are looking for talented animators for an feature animation.
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create feature level, key-framed animation;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of performance, posing, timing, weight, and lip sync;
- Maintain a shot-to-shot continuity;
- Ensure animation meets the style and vision set out by the Animation Director and Directors;
- Maintain timing and production quotas given by the production coordinator;
- Execute the corrections requested by the Supervisor and the Director by showing an analytic mind;
- Organize work and prepare presentation elements for approval;
- Communicate and seek information if necessary;
- Maintain good team dynamics and provide mentorship for junior animators.
- College diploma or equivalent in 3D computer graphics / 3D animation specialization;
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in 3D animation with MAYA, in a film production environment / animation TV series or visual effects;
- Strong sense of anatomy;
- Ability to interpret a storyboard;
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Directors effectively;
- Experience creating expressive hand and facial animation in a production environment;
- Strong knowledge of traditional animation techniques and characters movement principles;
- Rigging experience is a plus;
- Be comfortable to work in a LINUX / UNIX environment;
- Knowledge of an asset manager as SHOTGUN is a asset;
- Provide demoreel showing full expert range of acting and action shots.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. References may be requested. L’Atelier Animation supports the principle of employment equity. L’Atelier Animation takes care of the well-being of its employees and offers a range of benefits: group health insurance, sick days, a basket of fresh fruit, social activities, etc.
Status : Full time / Fixed-term contract
Annual Salary : To be discussed
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Marketing and communication
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until March 22, 2020