We’re Mino, an exciting studio founded in Silicon Valley and located in Montreal, specializing in free-to-play mobile games, and the team behind the sensation Cat Game: the Cats Collector! We’ve recently raised more than $30 million to support our ambitious growth. We have big plans and projects coming up, and we need your help to bring to life characters that are beloved by millions of users.
What You’ll Do
- You will create stunning character animations (and sometimes VFX) respecting the structure and visual style established by the art team while maintaining an adequate level of detail.
- You will clean-up, color and rig characters in Adobe Animate.
- You will ensure animations are efficient and organized.
- You will ensure your animations are optimized for the game.
- You will participate in new content ideation and help the art team come up with super creative themes and characters.
- You will ensure clear communication with your Art Lead for your questions and mentoring needs.
What You Are
- Able to meet tight deadlines and follow direction from the art team
- Team player – Positive attitude and you put the team first
- Able to take feedback
- Creative, autonomous, flexible, organized and meticulous
- Creative problem solver
What You Have
- A true passion for video games, creativity, rigor, autonomy, and team spirit will be indispensable.
- Preferably 2 years experience of being a 2D animator in a video game or animation studio, and ability to work across varied art styles
- Very Strong knowledge of Adobe Animate
- Training in animation, multimedia or related field
- Have a strong foundation in traditional drawing skills
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and French
What We Have to Offer
We have specific perks for Artists:
- Technology : our default setup is Mac + a Cintiq board, but we can accommodate most of your preferences as well.
- Talent : work alongside extremely talented artists and learn from them – see their profiles on our Career Page!
- Training : we want to invest in you and support in becoming the best. We can offer training classes and sessions from SYN Studio in Montreal, and Schoolism online, among others.
- Independent Creativity : Mino Games is independent, which means we work for ourselves and own all of our Intellectual Property. We can be as creative as we want without being limited by client demands!
Mino offers a great environment and a ton of benefits:
- PTO : 4 weeks vacation + December Holidays, and unlimited sick days
- Flexibility : flexible work hours and work arrangements
- Office : beautifully decorated and sunlit, perfect location (Place-des-Arts Station), awesome vibe and complete with snacks and dogs!
- Benefits : comprehensive health coverage
- Activities : Our Office Happiness Task Force will always surprise you with team and company-wide outings, surprises, and activities
Mino Games hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you’re curious and would like to know more, apply!
Name of employer
Place of employment
Years of experience
0 to 2 years
Number of available positions
Type of job
Until March 22, 2020