How to immigrate to Québec Permanently?

Want to settle down in Greater Montréal after you finish your studies? You should know that immigration is a shared responsibility of the Government of Canada and the Government of Québec. Other than some exceptions, Québec selects candidates that are looking to immigrate to the province and Canada grants the right to residency (temporary or permanent) to all foreign nationals, including those in Québec. The Québec selection certificate (CSQ) issued by the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) of Québec is therefore mandatory for anyone who wishes to immigrate to the province permanently.

View our infographic to learn more about the immigration process.

The immigration process guide
View infographic

Contact Accompagnement Québec

Accompagnement Québec is a free personalized service offered to immigrants. Whether you are in Québec or abroad, it is designed to facilitate your integration and participation in the Francophone community in Québec.

There are integration assistance agents from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) available in all regions of Québec.

These agents can assess your immediate or future needs and help you prepare a customized action plan so that you can:

  • Come to live in Québec (Settlement)
  • Discover Québec society (Community life)
  • Learn French (Francization)
  • Join the labour force (Employment)
  • Be better informed about the immigration steps (Immigration procedures)

To learn more, go to the Government of Québec website. Are you planning to register? Don’t forget to mention that you have been referred by Montréal International.

Newsletter Close

Be a part of the community

Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to take advantage of our offers and events.