The Canadian tax system
Learn more about the Canadian tax system
The Canada Revenue Agency will be presenting an online information session specifically for international students about the Canadian tax system. Even if you’ve already filed your 2019 tax return, join us to get some tips. The Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) will also be presented.
- Where? Online (WebEx)
- When? Monday, May 25, 2020
- Online with WebEx from any standard web browser. Please note that the Cisco Webex Meetings application must be downloaded if you wish to join the webinar on your cell phone.
- To sign up, please use this password: canada
Some of the topics that will be discussed during the session
- Introduction to the Canadian tax system
- Determining your residency status
- Do you have to file an income tax return?
- How to file a tax return?
- Standard deductions and credits for students
- How can you claim the GST/HST credit?
- Benefits for individuals and families
- What do you have to do to continue to receive your payments?
- Tax Assistance Service – Volunteer Program
- Secure Online Services – My CRA Account
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Feel free to prepare your questions.
*** This event is free – For international students in Greater Montréal only ***